Frequently Asked Questions
What should my dancer expect on the first day of class?
- Upon registering for summer or fall classes, you will receive an introductory email welcoming you to FSDP, as well as information regarding expectations on the first day of class. Save this email as it provides a lot of key information on the difficulties of the first day of class (i.e. saying good-bye at the door, making sure they come prepared for class, and most importantly, making sure they arrive early to meet Miss Lizzy). If you do not receive this email at least one week prior to class, please email us!
What does my dancer need for class?
- We recommend that your dancer arrives wearing their leotard and tights to class. All hair should be tied back and out of their face for class. All dancers should have a dance bag to hold their ballet and tap shoes. Their bag, ballet shoes, and tap shoes should all be labeled with their name on it.
Do I need to stay the whole time while my dancer is in class?
- Yes, we like parents to be available in case their dancer needs to go to the bathroom. There is a waiting area available for you to relax and socialize with other parents.
Do I need to pay a registration fee and a tuition fee?
- Yes, there is a one time registration fee per family and then class tuition that your son/daughter elects to participate in. For example, if you have two children participating in FSDP, you only have to pay one registration fee, but two tuition fees (one per child).
Are boys allowed in your classes?
- Of course! All are welcome at First Steps Dance Program.
If my son/daughter misses a class, do I get a refund?
- Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds for missed classes. However, your dancer can make up a dance class of the same age group at a different time that week. Missed classes must be made up before the recital at the end of the year.
My son/daughter wants to take a class, but the class is currently full? What do I do?
- Please email us! As a new studio, we are growing quickly, and we keep a running waitlist for each class. If there is enough interest, we will open a new class.
My child has special needs. Can he/she still participate in class?
- Absolutely! Miss Lizzy has plenty of experience with children of all needs and is happy to introduce them to the world of dance. Please email us prior to registering so we can help your child choose the best class to meet their needs!